Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh no she didn't

I've been obsessed with America's Next Top Model for the past month or so, watching every season back to back. There are great photo ideas and let's face it, it's an amazing guilty pleasure.


"Five beautiful girls stand before me, but I only have 4 photos in my hand. The girl who's name I do not call must immediately return to the loft, pack her belongings, and go home."

The show is severe and unfair. It is rigged by Cover Girl, who is the one that ultimately has to use the winner for a contract. It is so clear when in one episode the excuse to kick the poor girl out is: "the judges feel that you have too many looks. Clients are looking for a dependable look" and the next week its "the judges feel you have no variety. They keep seeing the same thing over and over and that is not good".

It cracks me up, really.  None of those girls would ever make it in the real modeling world, which is why no one ever sees them again once their 15 minutes are up.

Here's my favorite clip of Tyra bugging out.





Congratulations, Tyra. You're still in the running towards becoming America's Next Top Ghetto Model.

No comments: