Wednesday, April 23, 2008

From the sea to the beach bunnies

As per usual the gang came over last night. Simon surprised us with a backpack full of groceries so we made sushi. I made these rolls with salmon and imitation crab that were not bad but then again we had major munchies. Let's get real about imitation crab for a minute... You know how they say that tuna is the chicken of the sea? Imitation crab is the hot dog of the sea. Fo real, what's in that shit?


Did you ever watch the Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey "Newlyweds" show on MTV? There was this episode where she didn't know whether chicken of the sea was chicken or tuna... and then there was the memorable question "Are buffalo wings made of buffalo meat?". 

Thats what I love about American television: It's so mind numbing its fantastic. I always enjoy watching whenever I get to the states. The last time I was there was about a month ago when I went to Miami for 2 weeks. It was spring break at the time and the kegs were a flowin'.

I went to the Victoria's Secret pool party "Ralley at the Raleigh" that was hosted at the (surprise surprise) Raleigh Hotel. Jessica Simpson was not there but her ex-hubby Nick Lachey co-hosted the event with his babe Vanessa "Mily Vanily" Manilo. There was dodge ball, there were bikinis and there was Luke Hogan. Damn! What a hottie. I absolutely have the biggest crush on him. Aside from his to die for looks, he makes me laugh until my guts hurt. We snuck around the party stealing hamburgers in the VIP laughing our asses off. According to the waiter there was a 1 burger per person policy - that is some bawlshit!


The party consisted of spring breakers from all over the states gathered around this amazing pool with pink dogs and booze everywhere. A-mazing. I felt like I was in a reality show or one of those teen comedies where the college pool parties look like this. I thought this kind of shit was staged or just made a parody out of but I am sadly mistaken. These kids are full of energy, wired on Smirnoff Ice's and cheering along with Nick and Mily while they play games like twister and tug of war and they LOVE it.


















These two chicks asked me to take their picture in this exact same pose with one of their cameras. I couldn't resist and snapped one with me own. Their personalized shirts had their names on them. One of them was "Stina" (short for Cristina? sssstina?) and the other one named "Jojo"... I ain't even gonna go there.


It was intriguing watching all this happen before my very eyes. I felt like I had jumped in my TV. It was cheezy to say the least but now I can check it off my list of things I never planned on doing but somehow ended up doing anyways. At the end of the day I met a really cute boy, got drunk for free and had a blast... and there is nothing wrong with that!



3 comments:

JD FERGUSON said...

Luke! Oh my god! We love Luke!

Anonymous said...

yawn

Secret Agent said...

Who doesn't love crazy MTV reality shows? It's awesome. Come on, 8th & Ocean? The Hills? Tila Tequila? They're great and so stupid, all at the same time.
Miranda Kerr is such a babe. Even with that ridiculous face she's making in your picture, she's perfection.
You're a great writer.