Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good Exposure TV


I must give credit to the original creators of Good Exposure TV... A mocumentary on the lives of three male models in New York City. I first watched this about 4 or 5 months ago and haven't stopped laughing since. 


It's always important to be able to laugh at yourself and these guys take that to a whole new level. The videos capture the lives of male models pretty dead on, at least from what I have seen throughout the years.

For me it all started about 6 years ago when I interned at IMG (now Public Image). Yeah, I answered phones, I fetched coffee, I ran around town gophering and I loved it. I hung out at the infamous model apartment on 28th and 10th daily and really absorbed the wisdom of the 6 or 7 guys living there. And by wisdom I mean second hand high. I am yet to meet a model who doesn't smoke up. It seems to come with the territory. What else are you supposed to do while waiting for the phone to ring?

The guys bitch and complain about modeling but they are needed in order to keep harmony in the bubble of the fashion world. They are the ying to the fashionista yang. Clients have their pick of a million great looking guys who want to be a model more than anything in life and are 110% committed but the ones who bring it and the ones we love are the ones who keep us on our toes.

So to the creators of Good Exposure TV Jay Bulger and Toby Styling: Bravo buddies.

"Some people think we just get paid to stare into the camera, but sometimes there's two cameras and we don't get paid double"

No comments: