Monday, April 28, 2008

Goodbye Blue Sky

I was sitting on line 5, which occasionally goes outdoors, when I first realized that winter was finally ending (yep, and its almost may). The sky was amazing and the Seine glistened. It was as though I suddenly woke up and realized it wasn't miserable outside anymore. I've been so busy locked up in the studio I hadn't noticed that spring has finally arrived. I hadn't had time to really breathe in the warm air and when I did I fell in love with Paris all over again.


I've been wanting to do a lot more location shoots but on a tight budget it's difficult unless you have some nice sunlight... And now here comes the sun little darling! Immediately I started thinking of the projects I have been cooking up waiting for the summer light to arrive. 

I always find inspiration listening to Pink Floyd. I did a shoot based on the song "Time" and another one on "Brain Damage". In that particular moment when I looked out the line 5 train I was listening to "Goodbye Blue Sky" and I threw every other idea out the window and decided to make a short outdoor still film with that song. Its dark and sweet at the same time so the only logical person I could think of to take the lead was again my muse for this month: John Smith.

We wandered around Paris an entire afternoon and even had time to take a break for him to go to a casting. It was fun playing paparazzi for a day with everyone watching thinking "what the fuck are they doing?". Big props to John for not so much as blinking at the people who were pointing and staring. We had a great time and together managed to make my first still film.

So without further a due I give you "Goodbye Blue Sky".

2 comments:

Secret Agent said...

Well, I'm glad you're enjoying the weather over there in Paris. Here in Vancouver, Canada, our weather is a mess. It gets cold, it pours, and then it gets very sunny. A week and a half ago, we got snow. Snow! Can you believe it? You probably can, because most people who have never been to Canada think we all live up in igloos and eat beavers and always say, "eh" all day. Yesterday we had a storm too. Vancouver is supposed to be known as the city with the beautiful Spring/Summer weather.
I've never been to Paris but it seems like a beautiful place. I was watching Giada's Weekend Getaway on the Food Network and she went to Paris and it looked like she had some of the coolest food. The weather was also looked very nice.
Your still video looks very cool. Very nice shots. Although the model had some pretty eccentric clothes. Red pants, wow. I guess Paris is pretty eccentric.

Daniela Vesco said...

My friend Tania who lives here is from Vancouver and she talks about it all the time. Sounds like a cool city, but sucks about the weather! =)