Friday, June 13, 2008

And then there was no internet...

I love living in Paris. I love the sky at around 7 pm when the pink clouds peek through the buildings and ever so gently kiss the floor and give everything they touch a soft glow. I love the smell of hot bread when I walk by a boulangerie, the kids playing in the parks, the stores... I have to remind myself of how fantastic this city is because from time to time, like every other big city, it has its downfalls. There's dog shit everywhere, the market streets permanently smell like fish, the plumbing sucks and NO ONE likes to works. Le service pour le customer simply just does not exist. Enter my problem.


I've had to deal without internet at my house for over 2 weeks now. My landlord decided to switch services on me, which is fine because I get more channels on my TV and I can make free calls to the states. In theory said change was to be made two weeks ago from one service to the other to have uninterrupted internet service . One of the companies came through and cut off my old service. The new company, however, has not as of yet made a grand appearance in my apartment. I call and call and I realize that my calls are made in vain because its always the same drill. I get an automated person for half an hour and when I can finally speak to someone real they always say they'll call me back... but they never do.

So I decided to do what everyone else in the world does when they need free wireless: I tried stealing from the neighbors. Everyone who lives around me has a code though and I'm pretty sure if I ask them for their password to use just for a few days I'll not only be shot down but they'll probably try to get me in trouble somehow due to a recent hostility between my front neighbor and I. The crazy hag decided to scream like a lunatic one day out of her window, proclaiming that she "lived across from crazy people!!!". It was completely out of the blue, I swear.

Anyways the point is I am now accessing the net at the park across the street from my house, which so conveniently has free WiFi. Its great for quickly checking your emails but its really windy and cold so my visits are short. Hopefully my internet problem gets solved quickly because I have tons to talk about since casting week just passed here in Paris and next week are the shows. Lots of parties and lots of cute boys...

No comments: