Tuesday, May 6, 2008

wwkd?





I was stoked to read on Models.com that Karl is on Time's 100 most influential people's list, which also contains the likes of Oprah and the Dalai Lama. It also says there however that Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks are numbers 4 and 5 respectively on the reader's poll. WHAT?! Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks are the 4th and 5th most influential people in the world? No wayyyyy! At least they're not on the official list, but come on, the reader's still voted!

It makes me wonder though... the fashion business has two completely different sides to it. There's the side that everyone who isn't into fashion knows who have a pretty cheezy idea of what fashion is (hence Heidi and Tyra's ranking) and then there's the real connoisseur side: the people who make it all happen and the ones that eat it up. I am both. I fucking love this shit.

I walked down Avenue Montaigne today and couldn't help but go into Chanel. A-Mazing. I love Karl. I love love LOVE Karl. He makes my head spin in a great way. If you haven't already you should check out his site www.karllagerfeld.com  and loot at his pics. I am absolutely floored by them.

These are some of the pics he did of Andre a couple of weeks ago. Andre showed me the actual prints Karl gave him and they were so dope. They were printed on a sort of linen/watercolor paper with a thick white border. Incredible!




Karl is the most kickass 69 year old on the planet. He has impeccable taste and is a real badass. Definitely a role model. My friend Stephanie said she saw him last week at a sushi bar in Saint Germain with two boy models. That's exactly where I want to be on a random Tuesday. Livin' large. When in doubt, just ask yourself: What would Karl do?


Photo of Karl Lagerfeld and John Galliano by me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daniela,
I read about your very nice blog through JD's blog. Just FYI, Heidi and Tyra were on the Reader's Polls favorites.. not Time Magazine's, this year.... But yes for the average person, those 2 are #4,5... Crazy!

Best,
Betty
MODELS.com

Daniela Vesco said...

hey betty

thanks! just changed it! i feel relieved its a poll... but its still a bit scary! haha

Secret Agent said...

What? Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks...what's so influential about Tyra? I'll tell you what it is, it's the hot mess that she is. Wow. I never would have thought my first time using the term "hot mess" would be here on a blog. It doesn't sound right when I say it.
I don't get it. Heidi and Tyra? What's so influential about them?
Betty Sze, from MDC, left a message? That's too cool. I have an internship planned out with MDC next summer.