Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Devil went Commercial


Have you guys gotten a peek at the new show "Stylista" yet? If you have then you know it sucks, if you haven't then you should know it sucks.

Seriously I thought it was a joke. I thought Ashton Kutcher was going to pop out at any second and tell the poor souls competing on the show that they'd been punked.

The show is about fashionistas who compete for a job to become assistant to Anne Slowey, the fashion news editor for "Elle". Anne plays the part of Anna Wintour - badly. I think Anne is super cool and she does a great job with "Elle" but what is this prima-donna-throwing-my-coat-to-my-assistants-like-I'm-Meryl-Streep thing she's got going on? 

Its a Tyra produced show, obviously, with all the drama drama drama. In this first look at the show Anne is an uber bitch who criticizes each individual contestant. It makes me wonder... are these shows about making one person's dream come true... or are they about embarrassing and destroying the hopes of about 10 others? I guess public humiliation is the new sex - it sells like hot bread!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i watched the preview before i read the blog and at first i thought it was a joke youtube video that was going around.

Secret Agent said...

Hmm...interesting. Working at a fashion magazine, wouldn't you assume that she would know how to walk without looking like her gonorrhea is acting up?